Saturday, August 29, 2009

Run Run Run

I am feeling really great right now. I am signed up for a 5K run next weekend. I am excited and have been preparing for it. I have been doing a run/walk (run or jog about 2 or 3 min, then walk 1 1/2 min then run/jog again) for a few weeks. Doing about 2 miles each time. So far my best practice time was about a 17 min mile. Today I went to the park with the intentions of doing the whole 3.2 mile, just like the 5K. Well I ended up only doing 2.75 miles because Vance called and said Cheyanne had been crying for 30 minutes and he couldn't get her to calm down. So I quit and came home. But when I figured my time, I was shocked to realize I had beat my best practice time. I averaged a 16.25 min mile. I am so happy! I want to do this 5K and beat my previous race time of 37 minutes total. So I am trying to get faster. So I guess we will see next weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the run! Good luck at the 5-K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wanted to do that kind of thing to but I can't seem to "want" to go practice the run/walk. So I think I'm going to focus on cardio at home for now so that I can at least get some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have actually been using that marathon training thing you sent me. Just started that last week though. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you will do it someday. Don't be so hard on yourself. Everything comes in time. When the time is right you will tackle it. You still have a long road ahead of you, but I know you can do it. Love you

    ReplyDelete