Sunday, October 4, 2009

I am more than a number on a scale!

Hello ladies. I have made what I think to be a very healthy decision for myself. I am no longer worried about the number on the scale. In the past I have beat myself to death over a number, either it isn't low enough, or its falling too slow. Always something. Today I decided to check my body fat % on my scales because I was reading that that is a much healthier way to monitor fat loss. So I read that for women the acceptable range for women is 25 to 31%, A fit range for women is 21-24% and Athletic is 14-20%. When I did mine and saw that it was only 28.7% I was shocked..In fact outraged might be a better term. So mad for getting so hard on myself over my weight when in truth I am only a little above the average. So why do I feel like I need to lose SOOOO much weight. Maybe because the freekin government says I should weigh between 115-140. 140 is the max!! That is crazy, if I got to that weight what would my body fat % be then. First let me say that I have NEVER thought I could get to 140 EVER, but I always felt like a failure because I knew I couldn't. So as of today, I am going for a healthy body fat %. I want to be within a healthy range and that is it! I feel like this is a milestone for me in itself. If you will notice I changes my goals on the side over there to reflect my hopes of were I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO FABULOUS!!!! WHAT A BREAK THROUGH. I'm so proud of you, this is a great thing. Yeah I can't believe your only 28% b/c that is amazing. FYI- a body fat % of 15-18% is super model thin. Some ppl are trying to get the healthy range changed to 20% +. So yeah I'd say 20 or 22% would be a great percentage for someone who is active, athletic, and doing 5k's. I think you are on the right track!!! I just wishyou saw yourself as thin as I do.

    ReplyDelete